GHGSat is a Montreal-based start-up taking on climate change using satellite technology. We are a vibrant and energetic company, in the heart of the Plateau Mont-Royal area. We launched our first greenhouse gas detecting satellite in 2016 and we are launching two more in the next year. We work with leading-edge technology that will contribute something to the world. If that sounds like something you are interested in, check out our job postings below!
ANALYTICS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
GHGSat offers greenhouse gas detection, measurement, and monitoring services to industrial and government customers around the world. The company uses its own satellites and aircraft sensors, combined with third-party data, to help industrial emitters better understand, control and reduce their emissions. GHGSat’s capability is unique: the company provides high-resolution, local measurements of atmospheric methane and carbon dioxide concentration from space. This further provides the company means to detect greenhouse gas emitters and to visualize and quantify their emissions.
Your mission as part of the analytics software team will be to use your software skills to help build AI that will:
- Automatically detect greenhouse gas emitters and emissions
- Quantify greenhouse gas emissions
- Predict emission events
We are an open and transparent company. We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex-time and continuing development.
What you’ll do:
- Implement, optimize and maintain Neo4j databases
- Write code to acquire large volumes of diverse data from remote sources
- Implement, optimize and maintain AI and machine learning algorithms with TensorFlow
- Integrate software components to form an efficient, automated workflow
- Learn, grow, show resourcefulness and initiative
Stuff to know:
- How to test software
- How to debug software
- How to document software
Nice to have experience with:
- RPC, message queues, serialization
- Program optimization
- CUDA or OpenCL
- Bachelor’s comp sci or mathematics/statistics or physics or engineering or related
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Must be able to obtain a Canadian Controlled Goods Program security clearance
GHGSat offers greenhouse gas detection, measurement, and monitoring services to industrial and government customers around the world.
The company uses its own satellites and aircraft sensors, combined with third-party data, to help industrial emitters better understand, control and reduce their emissions.
The growing GHGSat software team is a mix of junior and senior developers, working on a code base that includes embedded Linux applications, kernel modules, satellite scheduling software, data archival and management, GIS, remote sensing inversion algorithms as well as analytics code.
Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team (aerospace, atmospheric science, physics, and software), your main task will be to implement greenhouse gas retrieval algorithms designed by the GHGSat Science Team, for state-of-the-art scientific instruments in space and on aircraft.
Overall, you will have strong programming and mathematical skills and be a strong team player.
What you’ll do:
- Translate greenhouse gas retrievals algorithms developed by the GHGSat Science Team into efficient code.
- Collaborate with a team of highly qualified technical experts.
- Strong experience with C++ and Python in a Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering.
- Strong experience debugging and profiling code.
- Good code documentation habits.
- Experience with developer tools and environments (Git, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, build systems, bug trackers, text-based documentation formats, instant messaging, etc.)
- Fluent in French and/or English.
- Able to obtain Controlled Goods Program security clearance.
- Experience with program optimization via design/algorithmic optimization, code vectorization and multicore/GPU programming.
- Excellent written & oral communications skills.
- Experience with Fortran and OCaml.
- Interest in scientific analysis, atmospheric sciences, remote sensing systems and space.
GHGSat offers a creative and highly motivating work environment in the heart of Plateau Mont-Royal.
We offer competitive salaries, health and social benefits including flex-time and continuing development.
We are an open and transparent company, and we are committed to preserving a diverse work environment.
For further information or to submit your application, please: