What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small fragment of text that websites send to the browser and that are stored in the user’s device, such as their personal computer, mobile telephone, tablet, etc. These files are used by the website to remember information about the visit, such as language preferences and other options, while helps to set things up for their next visit and make the website more useful by personalizing its content. Cookies play a very important role improving the experience of using the website.
To change the cookie settings on Google Chrome:
- Click on the menu in the toolbar.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click on Show advanced settings.
4. In the Privacy section click on Content settings.
5. Under Cookies there is a series of settings options.
To change the cookie settings on Mozilla Firefox:
- At the top of the window click on the Firefox button.
2. Select Options.
3. Select the Privacy panel.
4. In the option Firefox will… select Use custom settings for history and you will be able to choose from different options.
To change the cookie settings on Microsoft Edge: